Windows Vista, Windows 7 and superiorTo manually delete the offline files cache on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and superior, please follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor: press Ctrl+R and type regedit on the Run dialog. Hit OK
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC
- Create a new key called Parameters (this key may be already created on your system)
- Right-click Parameters and create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named FormatDatabase (no spaces).
- Click on Modify or just double click on the newly created value and change the value from 0 to 1. Hit OK
- Exit and Registry editor and restart the computer.
The above steps could be done by running the following command in a CMD console. Make sure you run the CMD console as Administrator:
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Parameters" /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Windows XPOn Windows XP, this DWORD value was location under a different key in the registry. While this operating system in now out of support, the entry location is included below for completeness:
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache" /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f